Dec 1, 2011

Hear Me

My handsome boy :)

HEAR WHAT I AM DOING
Carolyn Hunsinger
From the book: The Fabric of Autism


Please, mom, hear what I am doing, see what I am saying.
The world is a crazy, confusing, crazy place for me.
I can't do the things other kids do
- my body doesn't work right.
But inside, I am just like other kids
- I need to be loved and appreciated.
I need to belong, to fit in, I need to contribute,
to be useful,
I need to he heard and understood,
I desperately want you to be proud of me.
I want to tell you my needs, my feelings, my thoughts,
but
they get trapped inside me
because
I can't get my mouth to say the words.
There gets so much piled up inside me that sometimes it just blows up everywhere.
And I know you are disappointed in me, and you get angry at me, and somehow it's all my fault.
My actions speak so loudly, you can't see what I am saying. Yet, my actions are my saying.
My body says what my mouth can't. I act out my feelings,
but often,
the acting out is such a problem that my feeling go unnoticed.
But I have no other way of telling you my feelings.
I want to cooperate, to succeed, to contribute,
to feel good about myself,
but to do that I must be heard.
Please mom, hear what I am doing, see what I am saying.



Happy Thursday peeps :)



6 comments:

Marina Ariff said...

sebaknya bila baca ni.....because it is so true.....

Syahida said...

k.marina, mmg terharu bila baca..*speechless

Marina Ariff said...

akak try cari buku ni.....not available at local store :( akak nak mohon share dalam notes ye.....

Syahida said...

sy beli online kak. faliz yg recommend.

Marina Ariff said...

eh....dah tukar lay out...ingatkan salah masuk blog tadi....nice :)

Syahida said...

hehe...tukar imej :p